- Box Office
Audition Notice: Amadeus
Directed by Deidre Parmenter
Produced by Priscilla Losey
Presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
Audition Dates & Times:
Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday; March 13 - 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM.
Conejo Players Theatre
351 South Moorpark Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361-1008
May 6th through May 28th, 2016
Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8:00 PM
Sunday Matinees at 2:00 PM
**One special matinee on Saturday, May 14, 2016**
No conflicts accepted for Performance Dates or the week before Opening
March 21 through May 5, 2016; weeknights from 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
**There will be two Sunday rehearsals (strike and Tech Sunday) and occasional Saturday rehearsals**
Please prepare a one-minute monologue that is not taken from the show. Additionally, be prepared to do a reading from the script; sides will be provided online for male speaking roles and the role of Constanze.
NOTE: This is a community theatre production; non-Equity, no pay.
Winner of the Tony® Award for Best Play and the Academy Award® for Best Film, this provocative work weaves a confrontation between mediocrity and genius into a tale of breathtaking dramatic power. In the court of the Austrian Emperor Josef, Antonio Salieri is the established composer. Salieri has given himself to God so that he might realize his sole ambition to be a great composer, yet Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart -- the greatest musical genius of all time -- is a foul-mouthed, graceless oaf who has that which lies far beyond Salieri's envious grasp: genius. ~ RATED PG-13
For More Information:
For more information, please contact Priscilla Losey, producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Antonio Saliere -- Male, 31-73
· Requires excellent language and vocal skills.
· Portrays a wide variety of emotions including rage, jealousy, fear, remorse, and love.
· Charming, sophisticated, and resentful of Mozart’s God-given abilities.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart -- Male, 25-35
· An immature, coddled, petulant young man. He is brilliant, high-strung, childish, giggly, profane, and vulgar -- yet genuinely innocent. Physical theatre training is a plus.
Constanze Weber -- Female, 19-29
· Young and ambitious -- she is playful, lustful, and a free spirit. Musical background is a plus.
Joseph II -- Male, 40-50
· Emperor of Austria.
· Amiable; short attention span.
· He’s a cheerful, dapper individual who is always pleased with himself.
Count Johann Kilian von Strack -- Male, 30+
· Groom of the Imperial Chamber.
· Stiff and proper; humorless. Official to the bone.
Count Franz Orsini-Rosenberg -- Male, 30+
· Director of the Imperial Opera.
· Supercilious opera director; grand and slightly pretentious.
Baron Gottfried van Swieten -- Male, 30+
· Prefect of the Imperial Library.
· Solemn and lacking any sense of humor; dogmatic.
Two (2) Venticelli -- Male, any age
· “Little Winds”: Purveyors of information, gossip, and rumor.
· Absolute need for chemistry and impeccable timing.
· The two Venticelli often act as one mind; ability to move well/fluidly is a must.
The cast includes several silent parts such as Salieri’s Valet, Cook, Wife, a Priest, Guiseppe Bonno, citizens of Vienna, and servants. These parts will create an ensemble and chorus that together drive the action of the play. Although non-speaking, the following are featured:
· Salieri’s Valet -- plays 30+
· Salieri’s Cook -- plays 30+
· Major-Domo -- Male; efficient court servant.
· Katherina Cavalieri -- Female, plays 20s to 30s; Salieri’s pupil, then mistress.
· Teresa Salieri -- Female,w 30s; Salieri’s wife, she is a serious woman.
· Guiseppe Bonno -- Male, 60s